Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Strump's Resort


This week we stayed with good friends who treated us to the Rusty Taco 
(more than once), and where we had to have the fried peach taco 
(again, more than once) 

Of course our first order of business was to bake with Audrey. Last time Audrey and I baked together she was seven. We had made strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting and a strawberry glaze and then put together a pretty little plate with a slice for everyone in her family and an extra slice for her. She and I piled into my car and even though I was driving I felt it would be safest for me to hang onto the plate - afterall we didn't have far to drive and she was only seven. I made it as far as the bump at the end of the driveway before every piece of cake flew into the air and not one of them landed back onto the plate - which sent my poor little friend into tears. Don't ask me what happened - I don't know. One second I was holding a plate of cake, the next I was sitting in cake.

This time we had much better success - chocolate coconut cake with salted caramel filling and chocolate ganache frosting. It all stayed together, pretty-like, and on the cake plate! :) 


Alex made a new friend while we watched 'Avengers'



Laura and I spent several full days making skirts for her daughter who will be leaving on her mission in August. 


David had a great week and when he wasn't selling books he was giving Alex more swimming lessons. I wouldn't say Alex loves swimming yet - or even likes it, but he is getting used to David dragging him into the water and requiring him to paddle his legs.



 And lastly, you cannot visit Texas without getting a cowboy hat. 

Thanks for a great week Chris and Laura!


1 comment:

  1. Dogs don't instinctively doggie paddle? Lucky family to have you baking and sewing with them all week. What a treat for them!

    ReplyDelete